Sunday, December 18, 2011

Japanese Kids Love Sticker Books

So, what are Japanese elementary kids into these days? Sticker books! My daughter, first grader Hana and all her friends both younger and older are crazy about these sticker books. They are cheap little binders for collecting and trading stickers with friends. Rika has one, too. Even boys like them. My girls are always asking Junko, "Can I have these stickers?", from stickers she uses for her students. I know a second grader when asked what she wanted for her birthday, she said, "I don't need anything, just stickers!" Sometimes, their books get so full with puffy relief or gell stickers, they can't even close the book anymore. Our kids aren't to the point where they want a cell phone or video games, just stickers. I know some kids who already have those things, but seem to spend more time trading stickers with friends. People talk about social isolation through video games, but these kids interact a lot and make up games while trading their stickers.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...